You’ve finally landed that perfect date. Your manicure (or lack thereof) is in terrible shape! Here are a few tips for a stunning manicure. After all, what if your date reaches for your hand?
Moisturizing Is Key!
Cracked, dry skin is anything but appealing, not to mention uncomfortable. A quality moisturizer for daily and nightly use works miracles, tremendously enhancing your manicure. This is especially important in the chillier months, since our skin is much more vulnerable during the winter.
Try choosing a product that has no harmful chemicals. Not only will a quality moisturizer leave your skin feeling silky smooth and refreshed, when there are no harmful chemicals in it, and I promise you, your skin will thank you.
Basic Nail Upkeep
It’s common knowledge (or, at least, it should be) that if you want a beautiful manicure, you have to keep your nails looking clean and fresh. To do so, keep these tips in mind:
- Remove cuticles and dead skin. A cuticle set you can find at a local store will work fine, and a kit usually includes all that you need to achieve great salon-quality DIY cuticle care.
- Keep the nails filed and even, buffer them when needed. Try out a kit at a local store, or buy a file and buffer separately. Either way, this is a fun and safe way to care for your nails at home, with creativity bursting at your fingertips (literally).
Choosing a Nail Polish
It’s the night of your date, and it’s time to choose a polish colour to complete your manicure! This is where the fun begins. Your options are limitless. It all depends on the type of look you want to achieve:
- For simple elegance, try a French manicure.
- For something sultry and eye-catching, a solid, deep red or purple polish will be ravishing.
- For confidence and comfort on your date, choose your favourite colour! Because (let’s be honest) that is what makes a truly lasting impression.
The type of polish you choose is just as crucial as the colour, so it’s important you choose a quality brand! Here are a few I love:
- M.A.C. Studio Nail Lacquer
- China Glaze
- Essie Nail Polish
- OPI Nail Lacquer
These polishes have all proven to be long-lasting, easy to apply, and fairly affordable, with a wide selection of fun and exciting colours for any and every occasion.
Time for your Date
Once you’ve applied your polish of choice, you can now look down at your nails, bursting with confidence. Because, after all, it is that confidence which makes a lasting impression. You may even find yourself on a second date! And if your date reaches for your hand? I can assure you there will be no hesitation.