I love nice clean nails and I think a good manicure and pedicure can improve one’s physical appearance. You don’t need to be a hot model to have perfect nails, fingers and toes, nor a nurse to have tidy hands. As I am fond of gardening and in the summertime, especially after wearing open toe shoes while taking care of my flower crops in the greenhouse, I often used to feel ashamed when going out. Fortunately, it’s not the case anymore. To avoid having nasty, unkempt manicure and pedicure, I will teach you a few easy tips.
First, I will tell you what you should pay attention to, when you go to a salon. Then, I’ll briefly describe what you have to do at home, in order to get an attractive appearance of your nails and toes. Here we go!
Things to take into consideration when you visit a salon
- Make sure that the salon meets the minimum standards of hygiene.
- The tools which are utilized for manicure/pedicure must be properly disinfected or sterilized.
- It’s better to go to a salon during the week or at the beginning of the week, because during the weekend they are usually more crowded. This means you are more exposed to bacteria and infection.
- If the tools the professionals use seem worn down, then you shouldn’t probably rely on their services.
- Make sure that tools such as files or buffers are changed with every client.
- If you don’t observe how tools are sterilized in the autoclave, ask first if they were cleaned, before proceeding to the effective manicure process.
- If you’re interested in getting a pedicure in a safe way, ensure that the chair basin is sprayed with disinfectant or drained after each customer.
- It is more advisable to choose a salon where they do pedicures in basins with large bowls, as they can be cleaned faster and easier, which means that it’s less likely to get infections.
How To Clean Tools At Home
You can save money if you opt to do your manicure or pedicure at home. I happen to know many ladies who usually go to salons, as they don’t know how to maintain their tools clean or how to use them. In fact, it’s a simple and easy process. Remember that you should do the following:
- Wash the tools, one by one, with warm water and soap.
- When you deal with the tools made of metal, place them in a pot with boiling water. Keep them inside for at least 20 minutes.
- An alternative idea is based on using alcohol for desinfectation. If you intend to go for it, then all you need to do is:
– soak the tools in alcohol
– wait half an hour
– finally, rinse them well.
- You should avoid using the same disposable devices. If not, at least make sure to replace items such as buffing blocks, for instance, when they begin to look worn down.
Tips To Help You Get the Perfect Manicure/Pedicure At Home
- While at home, it’s better to do your manicure/pedicure after taking a bath. Your skin and nails will be easier to work with.
- If you want to keep a clean and nice aspect of your toes, use a scrub. You can buy it or prepare it yourself from natural ingredients. Gentle coffee scrubs for your feet are the best!
Keep in mind these simple tips for a safe and clean manicure and pedicure, and you’ll enjoy the experience!