There are times when you will really wish to make your hair but find that you are lacking in time. Or let us imagine it was a Thursday morning and you have been planning to make your hair later during the weekend but got a sudden call that morning from your boss demanding that you represent the company in a very important meeting. I bet no one will take an untidy hair as an excuse from you for not attending the meeting.
Do not worry, there are great hairstyles you can wear that will not take you more than ten minutes and will leave you looking like someone that has spent the entire day in a hair salon. Some of them are as follows:
1) Horse tail twist
This is a hairstyle that will make you become the cynosure of the day especially if you have long hair; the longer the better.
- Pull the hairs tightly backwards (but not so tight that you begin to feel severe pain on your hairline) just the amount of tightness that will make the hair lie flat on your head.
- Secure the hair at the root to keep it steady.
- Divide the hair into three strands
- Begin to braid the hair gradually (but firmly) from the roots till you get to the tips.
- Finish and secure the tip with a rubber band and you are good to go.
- It will give you the Lara Croft’s Tomb Raider look.
This is by far the most popular and easiest hairstyle that won’t take you more than 10 minutes. Though very simple, it is still stylish and can save your day.
- Pull your hair backwards till you have it all in your grip and the front part has formed a carpet on your head.
- Secure the entire hair few inches (counting from the middle to the back) to the back with a rubber band and allow the bulk of the hair to flow freely.
- For a shiny finish, you can smear the carpeted area with hair gel or hair spray with oil sheen.
3) Top bun
The top bun is very similar in the process like the ponytail, the difference lies in the finishing; while in a ponytail the hair is allowed to flow freely, in the bun, the hair is knotted.
- Draw the hair backwards like you did in the ponytail till you have all your hair in your grip.
- Run your free hand on your head to bring down the short hairs that cannot be held.
- Still holding onto the grip, use your free hand to grab your hair and begin to circle it around the grip.
- Tuck the free end into the knot.
4) Twist and curl
This hairstyle is by far the most complex looking but won’t take you more than 10 minutes to style.
- Pull your hair together at the back.
- Starting from the root, begin to twist it gradually towards one side of the head, moving your hands downward until the top becomes firm.
- When the hair is stiff all the way, roll it into a circle by the side of the head and secure with a pin.